Friday, January 22, 2010

Someone get a cattle prod

I'm already bombing on my resolution to blog once a week. I'm still bogged down with trying to find a voice, figuring out what to write about and tick tick tick, time flies by and while I'm overthinking this damned thing, I don't write.

No more illusions of grandeur. No more caring that anyone reads my blog. I want to write. I need to write. If something spews out on this blog thing, then I can revamp it and send it to a "real" publication. Right? Right.

This photo is from 1975, I think. I'm about 10 and a half years old and it was taken at my Aunt Nelwyn's first wedding. My mom and dad are so young. In 1975, my dad was a mere 31 and my mom 29. Amazing. They look so cute. My brother is two years younger, but, as you can see, we were roughly the same size...until puberty hit and he got beanstalky. Later, he bulked up.

I don't think I got much taller, being the runt in the family. But, alas, I bulked up too!

3 comments:

  1. Wow...your Mom was a mom at 19. Can't imagine what that was like both for her and for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Write like the dickens and write for yourself! The rest will come! (and you have a terrific style!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't read blogs. In fact, a couple of weeks ago I bought a magazine about blogging from Borders to learn more about the art of blogging and why people do it and learned how it helps them build friendships and their business. It also helps the individual grow as an artist or chef or whatever they're into. I didn't realize that sharing a 'journal' entry had so much to offer the writer and others.

    Then, a couple of hours ago, I discovered your blog. I read every entry. You know, I have always loved your writing. You write from the heart and with passion and humor. I can't wait to read your future entries and your short story too, whenever you finish it.

    It took me awhile just to figure out how to post a comment, but I think I've got the right kind of google account now. I hope I did everything right, so I'll get a notice when you add a new entry.

    You're a terrific writer. Keep it up!

    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete