Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Nine Years Married

Let's face it, I was no blushing bride.

David and I were married at a beautiful old mansion in San Francisco on November 18, 2000. On that night, we felt so much love, it would make your average cynic sick to death. I was 35; nearly 36. Laid off from a dot com ad agency job.

I cradle-snatched David. He was just over 30. What a baby!

We went into this marriage with eyes wide open. We were beyond fairy tale notions and from the get go, we fostered an equal partnership. This was further solidified when I was laid off one week before the wedding. I had these firm ideas about keeping our money separate, about two careers. Losing my job right before we made our public vows, seems to pull us in together, as one.

And you know what? It worked. We really are a team. Nine years later, I still love my man and can't imagine life without us together, a solid corporation with our two little underlings clammoring for attention.

It's good. I'm happy to be here nine years later with this walk down the aisle being the smartest thing I ever did!


Photobucket

2 comments: