Wednesday, May 23, 2012

1968

My mom was here last week for a bunch of family events, but we had time to check out the 1968 exhibit at the Oakland Museum. I knew I'd love the history of it, but it was better than I expected. Loved what was curated and they did such a good job of conveying the them of how things changed radically and how this change was brought into the living rooms of America. Such a fascinating time and it turns out, many of my favorite films came out that year in including the original "The Producers."






When you walk in, you enter a 1960s living room with TV and a giant Huey sitting there.



The details were just amazing. Loved the crafted lampshade with the floral print and rick-rack.



I so wanted a Mrs. Beasley doll. I remember watching "A Family Affair" in prime time (gah, I'm old). I also wanted to live in a high rise apartment and have my own Mr. French.
 


The artifacts were TO DIE for. Seriously. Those pins. The sunglasses. The groovy wallpaper. Want!




Man on man on man.


No comments:

Post a Comment